Friday, July 1, 2011

Se fue el mes

I can't believe I didn't blog once during the month of June.  It was a pretty crazy couple of weeks, though.  I had to go to Gwynedd Valley, PA for the MVC Transition Retreat the second weekend in June, and then the following two weekends I had friends from SJU visiting.

Two weeks from tomorrow, I will be home in Massachusetts.  That means that I have 9 days of work left, thanks to the 3-day weekend.

I have been anxiously anticipating today, July 1, since the middle of May when Gov. Deal signed HB 87 into law in Georgia.  However, this past Monday, an injunction was placed on the state, blocking the anti-immigrant law from going into effect today.

Everything lately seems very anti-climactic.  Maybe it's because I'm exhausted in every sense of the word.

This week I started training the girl who will be replacing me, and I just find myself slowly counting down the moments until I can leave Savannah.  I think this is the first time in my life that I'm not trying to fight transition.  I feel ready to leave this experience and begin my next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment